Wednesday, November 26, 2008

God has been good to me!

The good thing about being down on your luck, is that you are so Thankful when your luck turns around. Without the trouble I had when I was a single mother with 3 kids, I doubt I would feel so blessed now.
I'm thankful for:
My job of 18 years, because I remember how scared I was when I had to find a job after being a stay at home mom for 10 years. It took what seemed like forever to get a good job, I worked so many part time jobs, 3 at one time, and I was laid off too many times to count.

That I have a truck that works, because I had so many car problems, my cars broke down so often that it became a family joke. It seemed like I was jinxed. But my brother or dad would come to my rescue. One time my mom came to my rescue, when she pulled the handle to open the hood of her car, it came off in her hand...so I guess someone else jumped the battery.

My home because I almost lost it.

For my parents because without them I wouldn't have made it. New roof, help with cars, etc...

For my kids, because if not for them, I'm sure I would have given up. They turned out so great inspite of it all.

For my extended family because they were always there for me, and cheered me on.

For my husband because he is so great. He is everything I prayed for.

I'm thankful that God let me travel that road.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Jewel, I am glad you are in a happier place in your llife now, you are blessed. Sounuds like you had good family support when you needed it most. Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Amy said...

Hey Mom,
Way to go...You already made me cry today. I guess you can tell the fam, that I made the quota today for making some one cry. Ha, Ha.Even though we won't be there. Will miss you today ! Love ya!!!