Thursday, July 9, 2009

Oh Deer!

I want you to meet our new friend. I'll call her Fawna. Gary and I were out on our ATV's, trying to find out if the mountain pass was open, Gary loves the drive to Graham airstrip, seems there is either too much snow, or a forest fire that keeps the road closed. Anyway , I was in the lead and I saw a trail that went through a creek, so I turned and drove across, kinda fast to see how large a splash I could make. I looked up and there she was, She ran off, but not far. I stopped and waited for Gary to drive in, we decided that this was the perfect place for lunch. Fawna, circled us several times, each time getting a little closer. Gary said " There she is between the two trees" which two trees, we are in a forest? She reminded me of a young girl. You know.....how little girls like to strike a pose, prance and dance.....

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful Photo! They always run away too fast for me! :)