Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Kokanee

http://www.utahfishinginfo.com/utahfish/kokaneesalmon.php

Westside of Straight asked about the Kokanee.....What I know about fish could fit in a thimble. So I googled it. Kokanee is a landlocked Sockeye Salmon. The only other thing I know is... Halibut tastes great, and you can buy salmon at CostCo.

Gary used to own a hunting/fishing lodge in Canada, I think he was burnt out, because I've never seen him fish, well unless you count the time we tried to fish at one of the lakes in Mammoth CA. We got all the grandkids fishing poles, it was so crazy, the only thing we caught was a diaper and a sock....grandchildren wearing said items were not injured. I think we took the hooks off, and let them play.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

A diaper and a sock..a great fishing tale! Interesting that Gary had a fishing camp and no longer fishes..we don't either and used to have a small fishing resort. Glad you met West Side of Straight..she is a doll and lives just down the road from me:)