Sunday, July 18, 2010

I'm Back

Gary really wanted me to start blogging again, not sure why. I don't think he even reads my blog, but he does tell his friends about it. He wants to share all of our ATV trips. So even though I don't have a lot to say, and I usually post about ATV's or grandkids. I guess I'm back.
This weekend we camped on Crooked River, it really looks more like a stream. Someone used big rocks to build a dam. The water is about knee deep, Gary said I should walk out there, so I took him by the arm and was going to pretend to pull him in, only I slipped and fell in. I hit my knees on the dam rocks, my knees are skinned up, and bruised. Today they are a beautiful shade of purple...and they hurt. Funny thing is, Gary came in after me, he said he thought I had hit my chin on the dam rocks.

There were a lot of beautiful wild flowers on the mountains.



View from Banner Ridge


The Banner Ridge trail ended at the South Fork of the Payette, we didn't see any river rafters.



A picnic on the trail.












This is our campsite, campfires are not very much fun without grandkids.
Two weeks ago Mike, Amy Emily, Tucker, Gary and I went to....tried to go to Graham airstrip. On the way we met another group of riders that wanted to get to the airstrip, so they joined us on our adventure. We had to winch our ATV's through snow, we had to use shovels to remove snow so we could widen the road enough to get the ATV's through a narrow pass (that had avalanche warning signs) I'm sure the signs were for earlier in the season. Anyway we finally made it over the highest peak. Then we headed down, down some of the roughest, rocky roads ever. One spot was so bad that I almost rolled my ATV, good thing I had Tucker get off before I started. ( he decided that he didn't want to ride with me any more after watching me) Well we almost made it to the airstrip, that is until the road ended because of a washout. I've never seen anything like it. You would never know that a road had ever been there. The sign below is what we saw today. They closed the road 20 miles, before the washout. There is a lot of beautiful ATV riding between that sign and the washout.

No comments: