Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My arm is Healing--Finally

Last night I reached with my left arm to turn off the light and I noticed that my arm didn't hurt. It has been several months since the accident, so it's about time. I blame my supervisor, she started it. She bought a Nintendo DS, and she brought it to work and showed us how much fun it was. She bought it because she thought it would be good for her brain. She played BRAIN AGE. So the peer pressure got to me--- I had to have one. So a year ago next month I bought the DS and a few games. I bought games that my grandkids could play when they came over and I bought a couple "BRAIN" games. And I enjoyed them, my brain went from a 80 year old to a 20 something year old--(least once, anyway). Not sure why they think people in their 20's are smarter than people in their 40's 50's and older...but that's the way it works. I did the challenges everyday and every couple of days a new and harder game opens up. Then one day a real game opened, no math, or spelling or memory games. It was a little like TETRIS and I liked the game and I was good at it, and I wanted to play it all the time. So I did, I played it while watching movies and I played it too long and that's how I got my injury. There were warnings on the box and on the games...I just didn't believe them. So I did the only thing I could ----I handed the Nintendo and games to Emily and told her--"Don't give this back until my arm stops hurting" . I'm thinking I might let Emily keep it for me, maybe I can just visit my Nintendo once in awhile. Who needs a better brain anyway?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me??? Our brains get older??? UGH...man I thought it was just the body and that's bad enough...I guess I'm going to have to break down and buy one of those DS things...I will however, heed the warnings on the box!!