Saturday, June 7, 2008

Guess What We Did Today

Yep, we went out on the ATV'S. We bought another Polaris. It's used but has only 450 miles on it. I was saving money for a trip to Peru, but we really have fun on the 4 wheelers. Besides it's fun to invite people to go with us, and now we have an extra ATV. I enjoy riding behind Gary on our first ATV, it's built for two people. I like looking at the beautiful scenery, looking for deer and pretty rocks. Gary lets me drive whenever I want, in fact he encourges me to drive. I just get freaked out, I don't know what to do when I come to a big rut, some of them look like the grand canyon, do I go left, right, straddle the rut. I also hate when I have to side hill it, when I would come to a difficult (to me) part of the road, I'd get off. But today we took both of the ATV's and I had to drive the whole way, (35 miles) we picked a road that wasn't very hard, with just a few ruts, I did fine. It was cold, and windy, but we had coats. The desert was beautiful the grass was green, wild flowers blooming - yellow, blue, purple, pink, and the red Mormon crickets covered the road, they were a little icky. You will have to take my word for it, I didn't bring my camera.http://www.newscientist.com/channel/life/dn8781-march-of-the-mormon-cricket-cannibals.html

No comments: