Friday, June 6, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLE




Yesterday-June 5th was my daughter-in-law's birthday. But I got the present. John, Nicole and Hadley came to Idaho for their 10 year class reunion, and they brought all of their stuff. They are moving back, YEAH. John has a few more weeks to serve before he's out of the Army, so he will go back to Montana and finish up. Nicole and Hadley will stay at her mom's house until John gets back and they can find a home, and a job. Last night I was able to have Hadley for the night, I was a little nervous, because I wasn't sure how she would act, I didn't think she would know me, I haven't seen her since November, and that doesn't really count. We were so sad because of the funeral. Anyway Nicole and John have done such a great job of showing Hadley pictures and telling her about the family in Idaho that she didn't have a bit of a problem. I invited Emily and Tucker to join our slumber party, thinking that having kids would help her not be afraid. We had a great time, I let them stay up too late, but that is what grandmas do. This morning I could tell the kids were tired so I put a movie in and gave the kids blankets and pillows, somehow Hadley fell off the sofa and bumped her head on the coffee table and now has a nice bruise to show for her visit--(sorry Nicole and John). Hadley cried for about 3 seconds and said I bonked my head, then she was ready to watch the movie. She did fall a sleep for a much needed nap. I loved having the kids and can't wait to do it again.

No comments: