Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Susie's Babies

Today I received an e-mail warning parents about a book that Oprah is pushing and Dr. James Dobson warned against. The book is "Conversations With God" by the title it seems just like a book I would have bought for my kids. But from everything I've read, it seems the writer and I believe in a different God. Which should remind us how important it is to read the books, or least know what they are about before giving them to your children.

This brought back memories of the time that I didn't follow my own advice. I love to read and I wanted my kids to love to read, so I bought books when ever I could. One time I was buying books at the Christian book store and I picked up a book for Susan aka Susie-- The book was Susie's Babies and it had a picture of cute little hamsters on the cover. I found out later that this is a great book to read to children who are asking a lot of questions about where babies come from. My daughter used the book to share the facts of life with her sister and her younger cousin and.....who knows how many others.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Thanks for the heads up. What is the deal with Oprah? :( Cute story!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Susies Babies sounds like a good book to share! I have not heard of the other book..but you are correct.. Kids books..I usually stand in the book store and read them before I buy them:)

Caddie said...

What is Dobson Warning against this book?
I have heard nothing but praises for
"Conversations with God". In fact, I read the first of the series. Profound.
We do all have the same God - just called by different names - residing in our heart. That is where God lives.