Friday, December 19, 2008

Payton Marie--Is Here


This morning I got a call from Susan saying, I missed the birth. Payton was born at 5:19 this morning. I went to bed last night with the feeling that I wouldn't be there for the birth. I guess Susan progressed much faster than anyone thought she would. When we left last night she was having contractions but they weren't uncomfortable. By Midnight she was in a lot of pain, so they gave her a shot (epidural) and she felt much better. I'm not sure of all the medical terms and names of all the shots, and meds. And if I did I wouldn't be able to spell them. Anyway, Susan dilated from a 2 to a 10 very fast. After Payton was born, the Dr and nurses couldn't get her to cry and she was grunting. She couldn't breath very well, so they took her to intensive care to check her out. By the time Susan was able to go up and see her the babies blood sugar had dropped so they needed to get Payton fed. But now baby and mother are doing fine. She has her dads hair....Lots of black hair....she is a beautiful baby. Payton makes a even dozen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jewel! Payton is absolutely beautiful!
Michelle (Amy's sister-in-law)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Congratulations to all! Payton is beautiful! WOW what a head of hair! I am so glad they are both OK..Have fun Grandma! An even dozen!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad everything is okay. Payton is beautiful! Give them both a big hug from Great, Great Aunt Darlene