Friday, December 26, 2008

Sledding Simplot Hill

The founder of the company I work for -JR Simpot built his home on a hill over looking Boise. JR flew a huge American flag, it was so big that when the wind blew, the snap was so loud it woke the neighbors, or kept them awake, or at least it bugged them--I heard about it on the news. Anyway a few years ago the Simplots donated their home to the State to be used as the Governor's Mansion. For some weird reason people have always been welcome to use this property for snow sledding in the winter and Ice blocking in the summer. The kids had a wonderful time, with the exception of Emily, she had fun until they hit a bump and she went under the sled. They should have had helmets. The one draw back to the sledding area is the road. So we adults, stood at the bottom to stop any sled that got too close.
I wonder if she will end up with a black eye?

Before the crash!

The race is on.



I enjoyed watching my grandkids, my nephew and my great nephews having a blast.











1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like fun, except for the injury..she might get a shinner..good thing there is no school this week! :)