Saturday, December 13, 2008

Snow! No!

We were supposed to wake up this morning to about 3 inches of snow. But no, and I'm not that sad. Driving in snow brings back bad memories for me, back in the days that I felt lucky that my car made it to work, I didn't need icy, snow covered roads to add to the problem. I used to pray that it would snow, (if it had to snow) east of Nampa and west of Caldwell, that way at least I could make it from home to work. I know, that the farmers need the snow pack, and even though I am not married to a farmer (anymore) the job I have does depend on the farmers. How can you make french fries without the Idaho farmer. Oh and my son-in-law is the program director for the Bogus Basin Ski Education Foundation. So let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow. But only in the Mountains.......
PS---Gary isn't crazy for the snow/cold either, after owning a fishing lodge in Canada. He has told me stories about how hard it was to keep things going in the winter. Today however he has an easy commute to work. He just walks across the yard.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I so didn't want it to snow while we were at rehearsal and doing a little shopping. I am glad that if it snows tonight, Mike can drive to church in the morning.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Well sooner or later you are bound to get a little of the white stuff! I think we may be snowed in here tomorrow. Which is fine with me! I understand Garys situation.. I could have crawled to work on my hands and knees in a couple of minutes when we had the Greenhouse business..some days thats how I felt too! :)