Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter is here!

The only thing good I can say about winter being here is that ....now the days are getting longer. We are having a Winter Storm Warning, we are supposed to get between 3 and 7 inches. But if we do, it will blow into the next county. The wind is blowing so hard. The snow drifts that we have at our house are brown because of the dirt on top.

My new header is Jump Creek Falls -taken on Christmas Eve last year. We went for a drive with Gary's daughter Kelly. The falls is just a few miles from home so we thought we would stop on the way home, hoping that the falls would be frozen so we could get some great pictures. I wish the creek was frozen so that when I slipped on the rocks crossing it I wouldn't have gotten so wet. It was fun hiking last year, but it might be too cold to venture out this year.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Awesome photograph! What a cold dip that must have been:)