Saturday, May 23, 2009

ATV TRIP TO SILVER CITY, IDAHO

Amy, Mike, Emily, Tucker, Gary and I rode the ATV's to Silver City. We were trying to decide where to have lunch and a man in a big truck told us that there were picnic tables on the other side of the creek.... we shouldn't have any trouble driving the ATV's across, he said. And we didn't, except it was deep, a man yelled put your feet up, but I didn't and I ended up wet.
So we had a nice lunch, and crossed the creek again and I ended up even wetter......

We found a trail that someone said would take us to an old mine. We crossed this creek about four times, didn't matter I was already wet.






The snow melt finds the easiest route down the mountain, sometimes it's the road.


I guess this is what's left of the mine.

We took the trail until the snow blocked the road. Then we headed back to Silver City. It started to rain. Then it started to pour, then it started to hail and then there was thunder, but it didn't matter cause I was already wet.

So was everyone else.
Don't know if you can see it, but there is hail on Mike's ATV. So we did the only thing we could, we went inside and had homemade pie and ice cream.
Strawberry Rubarb, Marion Berry, Dutch Apple, and Lemon Meringue.
We drove back to the Trucks, wet, cold, tired. But we had a wonderful time.










2 comments:

Amy said...

You forgot Gary too ! Looking forward to Monday, except I am sore today :(

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sound like a great trip, even tho you spent the day wet! :)