Thursday, May 28, 2009

I Wonder Why Wednesday

Last Weekend I kept my eyes open for deer. We were in the mountains and we drove over 135 miles, I would have thought we would have seen at least one. I wondered why we didn't? but figured that the 4 ATV's were loud enough to keep them in hiding. But this morning, as I was driving to work 4 deer ran across the road, right in front of me. I was only 1/4 of a mile away from home. I've lived here for almost 10 years and haven't seen them before. We have brave deer in our neck of the woods--I mean fruit orchards, they are not afraid of a bright yellow Ford 350 diesel.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Really, you don't normally see them near your home? Might just be the food supply..:)

Jewel said...

We live in a farming area--plowing, planting, harvesting. The deer usually hang out in the Mountains. But I guess they like the fruit orchards.